Two-Masted Ship

Two-Masted Ship

Beitragvon Ginnery » Fr 28. Sep 2018, 13:00

Bild

Wallis, a retired seaman, took up painting in the mid-1920s to relieve the loneliness he felt after the death of his wife. His subjects were based on memories of life at sea and the town and harbour of St. Ives, Cornwall. He painted child-like images on a variety of discarded materials using household or ship's paint. This gave his work a roughness and directness that artists such as Ben Nicholson and Christopher Wood found appealing. 'Two-Masted Ship', for example, is painted on the reverse of a G.W.R. cheap fare schedule for 1928. The ship is a brigantine, many of which were used as trading vessels in the latter half of the nineteenth century until 1920. The lighthouse is probably the Eddystone, off Plymouth.
Ginnery

Re: Two-Masted Ship

Beitragvon fondue » Sa 29. Sep 2018, 08:44

In 1964, the newly established University of Essex received a donation from Jim Ede, a collector of British-based artists who went on to set up Kettle’s Yard in Cambridge. As new universities were built in the 1960s, full of post-war optimism, Ede declared that there “should be a Kettle’s Yard in every University” and gave a number of works, including five paintings by Alfred Wallis for us to start a fledgling collection of our own. For this exhibition, we reunite the Alfred Wallis paintings from the University of Essex’s Jim Ede Collection, with the collection they were originally born out of, Kettle’s Yard.

Living in St. Ives, Cornwall and with no training, Alfred Wallis took up painting late in life, ‘for company’ after the death of his wife. Previously, he had worked as a mariner, crossing the Atlantic and later working on small fishing boats. With only household oil paint in limited colours on found bits of card, Wallis made artworks that came from a robustly original vision, that he considered to be more experiences and events than paintings. ‘I do most what used to be what we shall never see no more…’ he wrote to Jim Ede, one of his most ardent collectors.

We will continue our focus on the University of Essex’s Jim Ede collection with an exhibition at firstsite, Colchester, 18 March – 9 June 2013.
Bild
fondue

Beitragvon Ginnery » Sa 29. Sep 2018, 10:39

Bild

My aim is to provide good quality, authentic looking paintings in the style of Alfred Wallis - and at a fraction of the cost of an original! I hope that my paintings reflect the same quirky charm and 'feel' of the real thing. Like Wallis himself, I work using ships paints and mixed media on old solid card cut into irregular shapes. The paintings are then given a degree of "antiquing" and are presented in a variety of up-cycled vintage frames. My work has now been displayed in several exhibitions and is for sale with selected galleries and stockists throughout the country. Paintings are now also offered for sale through this website direct to the public with the gallery/shop being regularly updated. Postage and packing is free.
Ginnery

Beitragvon appealsseeds » So 16. Dez 2018, 11:21

As a graphic designer i always need transparent clipart I always download image https://www.clipartmax.com there are many collections of clipart. on there. I can download free png from there.
appealsseeds

Beitragvon WilliamSpence » Di 29. Jan 2019, 11:18

The two-masted ship is a brigantine, an extraordinary number of which were occupied with the natural product exchange, the Newfoundland dried fish exchange from the latter half of the 19th century. Together with the schooner, dissertation assistance, they framed the heft of Britain's little vendor cruising vessels. The beacon is presumably the Eddystone, off Plymouth.
WilliamSpence

Beitragvon cameopaul » Fr 29. Mär 2019, 14:18

great
cameopaul

Beitragvon cameopaul » Fr 29. Mär 2019, 14:21

This photo has taken in early 1920 that reflect how much Wallis suffering for pain after the death of his love partner. His half of the life went in the sea and he summarizes lifetime memories in the shape of a painted image like an artist. More of that we get knowledge from economical essays and learn some interesting activity of those people who spend their time at harbor rather than their towns.
cameopaul

Beitragvon nancybansal » Mo 15. Apr 2019, 10:39

This is an astoundingly illuminating substance and taken off well for a verified Call Girls in Jaipur It's superior to anything standard to see that couple of individuals still see how to make a quality post.
nancybansal

Beitragvon nancybansal » Mo 15. Apr 2019, 10:40

This blog is so disarranging to me Call Girl Jaipur I will continue coming here over and over. Visit my catch in like manner.
nancybansal

Beitragvon nancybansal » Mo 15. Apr 2019, 10:41

We trespassed unexpectedly paying little character to unending nonattendance of warmth, and Call Girl in Jaipur He spared we when all is said in done in all in astoundingly yet a mammoth abundance of family relationship.
nancybansal

Nächste

Zurück zu Alquilar